Tuesday, February 7, 2017

When it rains it pours.....

As I was having a glass of wine with my neighbor tonight, we were talking about our past few days. I had not realized how much I was dealing with all at once. She looked at me and said, "when it rains it pours"! How can it be that you lose your job, your car needs repaired, your dog lands in the hospital, your TV goes out, and your a/c is on the fritz? Did I mention the diagnosis of the unexpected medical condition? And, let's not forget about the incredible follow up regarding the prognosis along with the medical bills that start showing up in the mailbox today. Truly, I remember the small cliches that Mom would chant, "God will only give you as much as you can handle". Dear God, please I'm done. I cannot handle one more broken, fix-it-upper, or repair anything else!

It sounds like a tirade of "LIFE" and we all know....it just happens. The next thing you know you are dialing the a/c repairman, calling the Doctor's office, then the veterinarians office, the mechanic, and searching bestbuy.com for the best deal on a boob tube. What gives?

It's times like this when I simply take a night stroll with my dog, (and thank goodness she will be a-okay after the antibiotic treatment!)  I look down at my Apple Watch and smile when it reads 79 degrees and I have met my steps-per-day goal. I think about how funny life is. When it's good, it's good. And, when it's bad, it's just bad! This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment